These are not affiliate links.
- Group chats
- Work & climate communities (CARL, ClimateAction.tech, Green Web Foundation Fellows)
- Social justice discussions & new perspectives
- School, sort of (Sustainability Management @ Columbia)
- Sleep meditations (10% Happier)
- Yoga with Adriene & regular light stretching, foam rolling & exercise. This has helped a lot with shoulder pain also.
- New research methods & tools (Zotero, hypothes.is, Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteeen Minutes a Day)
- Using an RSS reader (Inoreader) instead of Twitter for news headlines
- Virtual therapy (Betterhelp), fitness coaching (Kickoff), self-care app (Finch)
- Scheduled Focus mode on Android, to turn off all notifications before bed
- A rotation of distractions: Youtube, video games, tv, “planning”, “research”, Twitter, Instagram… although this is also ruining my sleep schedule.
New things I am trying this year:
- Writing consistently. (I’m trying The Writer’s Hour right now.)
- Sharing what I’m learning & what I’m working on. (I’m not sure what the best channel for this is, since I get distracted by social media & Slack easily.)
- Reading with more intention. I want to be focused on specific questions when I read. I also want to take notes in a way that makes sense and connects things.
- Making decisions & committing to them (instead of keeping all options open & then getting overwhelmed).